23.9.12

The Twilight Wedding

We all know this wedding was the bees knees of 2011. Quite frankly, I haven't seen any wedding this extravagant in any movie since. If you you're like, "huh? What's this?" I'd really like to know what rock you've been hiding under. If you're into hanging flowers and making decor, dramatic, you're in the right place to craft this Twilight up. I have never done this before, but there are alternatives to help your wedding look pretty similar..

First.
Ask yourself this important question:
Is my venue in a place where I'm are able to hang large amounts of flowers and/or decor?  

Yes: Great! Check your local hard wear store, and ask what the best type of wiring is available for hanging mass amounts of decor. (Flowers, gems, poms- what have you) If you've got a large structure to hang things from, try organza, ribbon or anything with wire intwined to help keep it sturdy.

No: Well, unless you want a giant fire hazard hanging above the heads of everyone you love, I would get Plan B in action.

How do I know these things? I had a Christmas party last year, and having it be in my colorless home, I decided to spruce things up by making a giant fort. It took long hours to set up, and yards of wire for 70 lb fish, to get the heavy sheets and decor to hang from it. Fire hazard? You bet your bottom dollar. Worth it? Well, let's just say; it was the best Christmas Party I've ever been to.
My pretty fort.
Scented flowers are great, but remember to be sensitive to guests allergies and such.
If only!
 For simple designs: This is a route I would go, especially on a budget. All you need for this is twine, and a few spools of ribbon, which you can easily buy in bulk.
Hanging real flowers is like hanging money to shrivel up in a few hours. It's best to find your favorite flower, and check out the fake ones at your local craft store. Buy a few, and hang to see how they fall. Faux flowers are tricky, but get it right, and it could look just as gorgeous. I prefer silk flowers!
Web Picks: Twine | Ribbon | Faux flowers $5-40
I adore this idea! It looks like there was many hours of labor put into it, but totally worth it. Again, this seems as if there is a tall structure and the thread or wire looks like it's tied to it. If you really want to spend on crystals to glam things up, use acrylic. It's lighter and affordable.
Web Picks: Crystals 1 | Crystals 2 | Crystals 3 $2-30+

Video DIY
1) Want to make your own lightweight, cheap and unique flowers to hang? Watch how to make paper flowers via this youtube video! Very informative.




No comments:

Post a Comment